Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Geriatrics



The rotation has been going well so far. The practice where I'm working is a "Federally Qualified Health Center", i.e., the government pays us extra to ensure that we take extra medicare and medicaid patients (because at the rate Medicaer/caid pays everyone else, you can go out of business because the reimbursement is so poor). It turns out that much of Lewiston's Somali patients use Medicaid, so I'm seeing far more Somalis of all ages than I am elders. It's been a real eye-opening expeience seeing some of the socio-cultural differences between our cultures and how it plays into their perception of disease and the medical system. On a lighter note, I've got some time off next week to do something I've never gotten to say before...Mrs. MC, M.D. and I are going to look at Real Estate. You KNOW you're growing up when you're researching morgages and real estate listings. I must admit, it feels bizzare.




Bonus points for anyone from my generation that can tell me what movie this clip steals from...

4 comments:

Gender Blank said...

Soylent Green?

MC, M.D. said...

Tocuhe!
Though...I'm sorry someone else had to sit through it... Science fiction classic my *@!#. Great idea, but a TERRIBLY made movie!

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

"megadeath"

*snicker*

The Attleboro Post said...

hey congrats to you and the mrs. real estate is real grown up stuff, indeed. daN and i are thinking about that for this coming fall. it's odd.... but good! i like that we'll be able to paint the walls what we damned well please!

i enjoy the geriatric moments from the simpsons even if i didn't recognize what clip the second one referenced.